At Clarington Animal Hospital, we consider ourselves much more than just an animal clinic. Sure, our goal is to help local pet parents keep their animal family members happy and healthy. In addition, our mission is to also help as many people in this world as we possibly can. You see, we want to do more than just change the way vet care is delivered. We want to change the world for the better.
We know that with every client that we assist, we are improving the lives of pets. We are also making a significant impact on the lives of others across the globe through our ongoing commitment to Kiva loans.
Kiva is a non-profit organization that facilitates the lending of micro loans to help people around the world create opportunities for themselves, their families and their communities.
Our own team members are encouraged to select the loan recipients they’d like to support. Being able to read the stories of the various recipients and how they feel a loan will change their lives is an incredibly inspirational experience for all of us at Clarington Animal Hospital.
Examples of some of the more recent loans funded include:
- Khushruza from Tajikistan works in farming and animal husbandry. With this loan, she will purchase additional young cattle.
- Maria from El Salvador so that she can invest in fertilizer for her crops of basic grains, as well as to buy concentrated feed for her livestock.
- Carlos from Ecuador bought calves, vitamins and rock salt so he can continue preserving his business and bringing the daily bread to his home.
- Recelia from the Philippines raises pigs and was able to purchase medicines and vaccines for them.
- Magdalena and her group from Guatemala are investing in their businesses growing and selling tomatoes, onions, peppers, corn and green beans.
- Sonali and her group from India were able to purchase raw materials to expand their vegetable vending business.
From the very beginning, we have always felt this is what animal health care should be all about…making a real impact, having fun, and helping people and pets along the way. Together we’re making as big a positive impact in the world as possible.